Debt and Money

Money and Debt related services in North East Lincolnshire

Citizens Advice North East Lincolnshire – Available to all

Advice provided Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm on accessing Debt, Money and related issues and problems.

Access via phone:

Or call our debt team direct on our Debtline: 01472 252545

Access to services via drop-in sessions:

At our Town Hall Street Offices in Grimsby, Melbourne house, DN31 1HZ - See Contact Us for details.

Our County Court Helpdesk – County Court Matters Only

North East Lincolnshire Citizens Advice County Court Helpdesk, can help with county court matters only such as housing arrears, eviction, and limited advice on family matters.
Criminal matters such as fines and enforcement of debts such as TV Licensing,  would be advised to contact Debtline on 01472 252545 (if debt related) or  contact the general service above.


Access to services via drop-in sessions at Great Grimsby Combined Court, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HX (Just over the road from our offices):

Monday -  Thursday: 10am - 12.30pm 

Centre 4 – All north east lincolnshire residents

Free advice service, including debts for all in the North East Lincolnshire area.

For more details see:

Moneyline – services open to all

Moneyline offers to help clients get savings accounts, basic bank accounts and offer small unsecured loans to people who would usually struggle to borrow from banks, or because they would struggle to pay too much with higher cost lenders.
Clients must have a bank account which allows direct debits. Where a client can not access a bank account Moneyline will help them to apply for a basic bank account.
Monday to Friday: 09.00am - 04.30pm
0345 643 1553
238 Freeman St, Grimsby, South Humberside, DN32 9DR

Tax Aid – National Helpline

TaxAid can help anyone on low income who has been unable to resolve their tax problem with HMRC.

As a guideline, a low income is up to about £380 a week before tax for a single person – equivalent to £20,000 per year.

TaxAid does not advise on Tax Credits or DWP benefits, Limited Companies or council tax. TaxAid does not provide tax planning advice.

Please note that TaxAid is not an alternative to seeking help from HMRC (0300 200 3300). HMRC can help with most tax queries and has access to and can change your tax records.

If you are aged 60+ (and not self-employed) and on a low income (strictly under £20,000 pa) and cannot resolve matters with HMRC, you should contact Tax Help for Older People on 0845 601 3321 or 01308 488066

Service available Monday  to Friday, between 10am and 12 midday.

National Helpline: 0345 120 3779

For more information visit their website at: